Sunday, January 13, 2013

Infinite universal individuality

To gain the infinite universal individuality, this miserable little prison-individuality must go. Then alone can death cease when I am one with life. Then alone can misery cease when I am one with happiness itself. Then alone can all errors cease when I am one with knowledge itself.... Science has proved to me that physical individuality is a delusion, that really my body is one little continuously changing body in an unbroken ocean of matter. Advaita (unity) is the necessary conclusion with my other counterpart, soul.




Yesterday, India celebrated National Youth Day on the occasion of Vivekananda’s birth anniversary. It was his 150th Birth Anniversary, and it’s worth wondering whether Vivekananda remains relevant to the youth of India. 
 

No comments: